Alongside numerous organizations, The Community Foundation for Northeast Florida and the LGBTQ Community Fund stand in solidarity with the LGBTQ+ community and LGBTQ+ youth in Northeast Florida. Please read our statement below and SHARE this important message for LGBTQ+ youth on your social media using the hashtags #YouAreLoved #SupportLGBTQYouthNEFL. You can find the posts from The Community Foundation via these links on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
As a group of community stakeholders, we are concerned for the wellbeing of our LGBTQ+ youth in our community, whose voices may feel forgotten or lost.
To our beloved youth who identify as LGBTQ+, we want you to know that you are loved, we see you, and we remain committed to supporting you. Every one of you in the LGBTQ+ community is uniquely beautiful and worthy, and there is a strong coalition of vocal, actionable support behind you that remains committed to advocating with you and being a champion for you. No matter what, we will continue to stand beside you.
Please continue to reach out to the people and organizations you trust in your schools and in the community for support wherever and whenever you need it. Anyone can also dial the 2-1-1 helpline at any time to access support services through United Way of Northeast Florida, as well as the 9-8-8 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline.
Organizations Signing This Statement Include:
- The Jessie Ball duPont Fund
- The Jessie (Jessie Ball duPont Center)
- Generation W
- Jacksonville Arts & Music School (JAMS)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) – Jacksonville
- The Jacksonville Public Education Fund
- The Community Foundation for Northeast Florida
- The LGBTQ Community Fund for Northeast Florida
- City Year Jacksonville
- Teach for America Jacksonville
- United Way of Northeast Florida
- OneJax Institute at UNF
- READ USA
- The Miller Families
- Delores Barr Weaver Policy Center