It’s that time of year! Do you still need to wrap up your year-end giving? It rolls around every December, but with all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, important dates can often be overlooked.
If you’re currently a fundholder at The Community Foundation for Northeast Florida, we are ready and available to assist you with your year-end giving needs. Please keep the following dates in mind when planning your 2023 charitable income tax deductions:
- Gifts of appreciated stock should be made by December 26, 2023. Notify your Relationship Manager of the transfer as soon as possible.
- Gifts of mutual funds should be made by December 18, 2023 and should be discussed with your Relationship Manager as soon as possible.
- Gifts of complex assets such as real estate, closely held business interests or stock, and planned giving vehicles should be discussed with your Relationship manager by December 1, 2023.
- Checks sent via the U.S. Postal Service to The Community Foundation for Northeast Florida must be postmarked on or before December 30, 2023.
- Checks sent via carriers such as FedEx, UPS and DHL must be physically received at The Community Foundation on or before December 29, 2023.
- Wire transfers of cash must be initiated no later than December 28, 2023.
- Credit card gifts made by phone must be made no later than 4 p.m. on December 29, 2023; online contributions may be made until December 31, 2023, to ensure timely posting by the credit card company.
- Donor advised fund grant recommendations should be made in the donor portal, Access My Fund, by December 21, 2023 for grant checks to be postmarked by the end of the year. Timing of grants does not impact charitable income tax donations.
Whether you are donating liquid or illiquid assets, please contact your Relationship Manager at (904) 356-4483 at your earliest convenience and let us help you get your 2023 charitable gifts in order.