Field of Interest Fund – Connecting Personal Values to High-Impact Opportunities
|J. Wayne and Delores Barr Weaver have made an indelible mark on our community with their philanthropy. Though their interests are many and varied, they are deeply committed to improving the lives of senior citizens in Northeast Florida. Together, they established the Senior To Senior Field of Interest Fund to provide cash assistance to help seniors at risk in our community.
A Field of Interest Fund brings you right to the heart of an issue that moves you. By establishing a Field of Interest Fund, you can focus your giving on a specific area of concern and put the income from your Fund toward that endeavor forever. Minimum to establish: $50,000
A Field of Interest Fund allows you to target your gift to address the needs in a specific area of community life. You identify the area of focus -- whether it is the arts, aging, at-risk youth, education, the environment, etc. –but you entrust The Community Foundation with the responsibility of selecting specific recipients of grants from your fund. Thus your gift is targeted to areas that interest you, but it is flexible enough to meet changing community needs.
- This is an endowed fund—you are creating a permanent charitable legacy.
- Your fund will be invested in our Endowment Pool, minimizing fund costs and improving efficiency; the fund’s earnings will provide the grantmaking resources.
- The Community Foundation provides all necessary administrative and record-keeping services.
- You are able to tap The Community Foundation’s expertise in program areas to make the most impactful grants to target your issue
- You receive an immediate tax deduction on all your contributions
- You and other community members may make tax-deductible contributions to your fund at any time.