For 27 years, The Community Foundation has invested in the quality of life in Northeast Florida by making grants directly to working artists.
The Community Foundation was awarded a challenge grant from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) to create the Art Ventures Fund in 1989. Local donors stepped up and raised enough money to endow the fund, which has made it possible to promise that these grants will be made to Northeast Florida artists in perpetuity, making Northeast Florida a uniquely generous and robust place to create.
To date, Art Ventures has invested in the work of more than 160 individual artists and 95 small arts organizations through Art Ventures. It remains the only fund of its kind in the region. Click here for the Art Ventures 25th Anniversary brochure.
Click here for list of most recent grants awarded.
Individual Artist Grant Application 2017 Timeline:
See Grant Application for complete guidelines
- January 1, 2017: Individual Artist Grant Application available on website
- February 1, 2017: Bring Your Grant and Questions to a Roundtable Discussion, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org (10:30 a.m. at WJCT Public Broadcasting Studios, 100 Festival Parkway)
- March 7, 2017: Bring Your Grant and Questions to a Roundtable Discussion, RSVP to email@example.com (3:30 p.m. at WJCT Public Broadcasting Studios, 100 Festival Parkway)
- April 5, 2017: Individual Artist Grant Applications due by 5PM
- July 30, 2017: Individual Artist Grants Announced