The Community Foundation has made multi-year commitments to strengthen neighborhoods through a grant to LISC (Local Initiatives to Support Corporation) in Jacksonville; to build the capacity of non-profit organizations through a grant to the Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida, Inc.; and to address issues of structural racism through a grant to OneJax.
LISC Jacksonville invests in both the physical and human infrastructures needed to build and sustain strong communities. LISC Jacksonville has worked with community organizations to bring positive changes to nine Jacksonville neighborhoods.
Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida, Inc. enables a thriving nonprofit community by equipping nonprofit leadership facilitating collective action and enhancing public understanding.
OneJax serves as the lead agency for the Aspen Institute's structural racism project, Racial Equity & Society.
– $10,000 to support the annual Quality of Life study.
Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC/Jacksonville)
– $100,000 over three years to support LISC/Jacksonville.
– $2,500 to support workshops.
Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida, Inc.
– $60,000 over three years to support the work of the Nonprofit Center.
– $1,000 to support the research study on nonprofit executive transitions.
– $30,000 match to fully implement Project Breakthrough 2009-2010.
– $30,000 to help the organization. build capacity under a new cheif executive in 2010-2011.